Faux Kouign Amann Made with Ready-Made Puff Pastry. How To Make Cheater Kouign Amann Start by cutting thawed puff pastry sheets in half. Cut one-half into squares and the other half into strips. Dip the squares in melted butter and then press one side in sugar.
This is a perfect breakfast pastry or afternoon snack and today we are sharing the recipe. It's Friday and I am back in the kitchen. Language: English Location: United States Restricted Mode: Off History Help.
How To Make Cheater Kouign Amann Start by cutting thawed puff pastry sheets in half. Cut one-half into squares and the other half into strips. Dip the squares in melted butter and then press one side in sugar.
Faux Kouign Amann Made with Ready-Made Puff Pastry is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Faux Kouign Amann Made with Ready-Made Puff Pastry is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have faux kouign amann made with ready-made puff pastry using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Faux Kouign Amann Made with Ready-Made Puff Pastry:
- Take of Frozen puff pastry.
- Make ready of Sugar.
- Get of Water.
- You need of apple (roughly minced).
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Rum.
Kouign Amann, Brittany's Buttery, Pastry Cake Kouign Amann in a buttery, layered pastry cake from Brittany, France. A freshly baked kouign amann, is sheer bliss. Hot, caramelised layers of pastry, practically drenched in Brittany butter with salt crystals and sugar, oh boy, lots of sugar! These stunning beauties are considered the world's hardest to make pasties, and there's no getting around that there a fair a.
Steps to make Faux Kouign Amann Made with Ready-Made Puff Pastry:
- Cut the puff pastry into round shapes (16 pieces) and cool in the refrigerator. On a sheet of parchment paper, draw 16 circles slightly smaller than the round puff pastry..
- To make the caramelized sugar, put the sugar and water in a pot and simmer until it's brown (deep caramel color). Pour the caramel inside the circles drawn on parchment sheet in Step 1. Chill in the refrigerator..
- Prepare the apple filling: Put the butter and apple in a pot and cook until tender. Add the cinnamon and rum and cook off the excess water..
- Put the apple filling on a piece of puff pastry and cover with another piece of puff pastry. (Do this for all 8 pairs of puff pastry.) Arrange the caramel on a sheet of parchment paper and place the sandwiched puff pastries on top..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 230℃ for about 15-20 minutes, and they're done..
Add the yeast and whisk until foaming. Pastry is wrapped around a butter block (beurrage) and then rolled and folded, much like puff pastry. The laminated dough is then rolled in sugar, cut into squares and folded to take on the traditional shape. Kouign-amann have become more popular since they appeared on The Great British Bake Off and they are sometimes made into a spiral as well. Put the flour into the bowl of a freestanding mixer fitted with a dough hook.
Okay that is going to wrap it up for this special food faux kouign amann made with ready-made puff pastry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!