Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake (And Muffins).
Do you starting to run out supply of snacks in the house?, it’s me, Dave, Don’t stress, you can make your very own strawberry rhubarb upside down cake (and muffins), you recognize. The taste is not inferior to the exact same kick that’s generally sold in coffee shops when you are socializing.
In this recipe, we will discuss exactly how to make a full Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake (And Muffins) with pointers so that it really feels tasty and also soft when you eat it. This treat will certainly be even more ideal when you appreciate while loosening up or consuming with your family members. Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake (And Muffins) is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake (And Muffins) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook strawberry rhubarb upside down cake (and muffins) using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake (And Muffins):
- Make ready of Fruits.
- Get 1 1/2 Pints of Strawberries.
- You need 1 Pound of Rhubarb.
- Take 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Take of Caramel.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Butter.
- Take Splash of Strawberry Syrup.
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Flour.
- You need 2 Sticks of Butter.
- Take 2 Cups of Sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 Cup of Buttermilk.
- Take 1 Tsp. of Baking Powder.
- Get 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 of Hunk of Ginger.
- Take Pinch of Salt.
- Make ready Splash of Orange Blossom Water.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Corn Starch and Water.
Steps to make Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake (And Muffins):
- ** YOU WILL HAVE EXTRA BATTER. SEE BELOW*** Preheat oven to 360 F. Wash all fruits. Hull strawberries and chop ends off of rhubarb. Squash 1/4 of the strawberries and put them in a bowl with 1/2 cup sugar. Cover with plastic and let it sit..
- Chop rhubarb into manageable sized pieces and place in food processor along with 1/4 cup sugar, ginger and a splash of that orange blossom water. Use regular water if you don’t have it. Get it to the consistency you see below. Cover and reserve..
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Cream together two sticks of butter and 2 cups sugar. Add the eggs in one at a time and combine. Add in half the dry ingredients. Combine. Add buttermilk. Combine. Add remaining dry ingredients. Combine. Drain syrup from strawberries and rhubarb. Combine and reserve. Add in rhubarb. Combine..
- Put brown sugar into oven safe pan with 1/4 cup butter. Add in a splash of the strawberry syrup that was reserved. Melt over medium low heat. When dissolved and bubbly, turn off heat and add in strawberries followed by cake batter..
- Bake until bubbly and top begins browning. I suggest placing a cookie sheet under the pan to catch the molten caramel. Honestly, the cake looks good like this. I decided to flip it but couldn’t flip it back. It’s really up to you..
- I garnished with some mint that was growing outside..
- Grease up some muffin pans if you don’t want to make two cakes. Simmer the reserved syrup. Add in the cornstarch and water to thicken it up just a bit..
- The muffins took about 25 minutes at the same temperature. Remove from muffin pans and individually dip each into the strawberry rhubarb syrup. Immediately throw some mint on it while they’re sticky..
- As you can see, I went mental that day. Was it worth it? Yes. Will I do it again? Yes. When? Not today! Haha..
Finally that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food strawberry rhubarb upside down cake (and muffins) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!