Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread). A very famous south Indian street food / fast food usually served for dinner. Egg Kothu Parotta is a south Indian special recipe which is eaten by all. Kothu Parotta is the popular street food of Tamil Nadu.
Click here and prepare parottas from scratch or cook the frozen. I am talking about Kothu Parotta. Kothu Parotta is prepared with mixed vegetables that include carrot, beans Kothu means 'minced' in Tamil where the small strips of soft and flaky parottas are coated with a Egg Kothu Parotta or Muttai Parotta is prepared with shredded parotta that is tossed in a.
lacking supply of treats at home?, it’s Jim, Don’t stress, you can make your very own malabar kothu parotta (egg minced bread), you know. The taste is not inferior to the same kick that’s usually sold in coffee shops when you are hanging around.
In this dish, we will discuss exactly how to make a full Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) with suggestions so that it really feels tasty and also soft when you eat it. This treat will be even more ideal when you enjoy while unwinding or consuming with your family members. Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) is something that I have loved my whole life.
A very famous south Indian street food / fast food usually served for dinner. Egg Kothu Parotta is a south Indian special recipe which is eaten by all. Kothu Parotta is the popular street food of Tamil Nadu.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook malabar kothu parotta (egg minced bread) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread):
- Take 2-3 of medium sized malabar parotta (I used sumeru frozen parotta).
- Get 1 cup of chopped onions (purple or white).
- Make ready 1 of /2 cup chicken curry gravy (Please check out my recipe for "Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry".
- Get 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Get 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Get 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- You need 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Prepare of salt as required.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon/lime juice.
Kothu Parotta is a very popular dish in southern districts of Tamil Nadu. It is a minced parotta with egg and salna(a spicy gravy). I have tried egg Kothu Parotta with a ground masala instead of adding salna. Kothu Parotta just means it's 'minced' or 'beaten-up' Parotta…and there are a lot of variations to this wonderful dish that you can just whip up and impress everyone.
step by step to make Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread):
- Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction.You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside..
- In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. When the oil becomes hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and sau·té it well. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well. Next add chilly powder, chopped cilantro,curry leaves, crushed pepper powder. Sau·té everything well for a minute or so till the raw smell of masala goes..
- Add two eggs,mix well. Wait for the eggs to cook a little bit (3/4 cook). Add the chopped parotta pieces into this.Add a pinch of salt.Mix everything well..
- Add half cup of chicken curry (gravy) into the parotta mixture and mix well. Please checkout my chicken curry recipe here https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/706475-kerala-style-spicy-chicken-curry?ref=channel..
- Remove bones from the chicken pieces if any and cut/mince the chicken pieces(from the curry).Add this to the masala mixture..
- Mix everything well.Add more salt if required. Squeeze some lemon juice on top.The parotta peices needs to be soaked a little bit in the masala mixture..
- Serve hot..
Kothu Parotta literally means minced parotta. Parotta is a Indian bread prepared with All purpose flour. Kothu parotta is a very popular recipe from Tamil Nadu. It is usually served with Onion Raita. I have already posted vegetable kothu parotta.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food malabar kothu parotta (egg minced bread) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!