Au Gratin Potatoes. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! I would mince the onion and mix it throughout the potatoes. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps.
I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! I would mince the onion and mix it throughout the potatoes. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Au Gratin Potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Au Gratin Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook au gratin potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Au Gratin Potatoes:
- Get 4 of Russet Potatoes cut apx. 1/4 in thick.
- Get 1 of yellow onion slices into half rings.
- Make ready 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 3 TBS of flower.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 of small bag shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
Rich and creamy with a satisfying crispy crust, au gratin potatoes make a delicious. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. Cheesy potatoes au gratin is a classic side dish that's easy to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser.
Instructions to make Au Gratin Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9×13 glass baking dish..
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, garlic powder, and salt. Stir constantly for one minute..
- Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened..
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds..
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish and top with the onion slices. Then pour half the cheese mixture on top..
- Repeat step 5 with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (Or longer if you desire a crisper finish.).
- Set aside to rest for 15 min then it's ready to serve..
What's the difference between potatoes au gratin and scalloped potatoes? Gratins have cheese; scalloped potatoes do not.unless they're Loaded Scalloped Potatoes with cheddar. Scalloped Potatoes -What Is the Difference? The two have come to be confused and are often used interchangeably as any online search will show. There are few side dishes that are more comforting than those made with potatoes.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food au gratin potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!