Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn. Arrange the peppers in a single layer in the slow cooker. Try making these slow cooker stuffed bell peppers dinner! Black beans add some protein to this complete, one dish vegetarian meal.
Whether you're trying quinoa for the first time or just trying a new recipe for quinoa, this mixture of quinoa, black beans, corn, and spices will make this dish a new favorite. Mix quinoa into onion mixture and cover with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Prepared ingredients last night, placed in crock pot.
Arrange the peppers in a single layer in the slow cooker. Try making these slow cooker stuffed bell peppers dinner! Black beans add some protein to this complete, one dish vegetarian meal.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn:
- You need 4 of red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Get 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare 15 oz of can black beans, rinsed.
- Take 1 of roma tomato, seeded & diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn (frozen or freshly cut from the cob).
- Make ready 4 oz of can diced green chiles (with liquid).
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced dry or fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Monterrey Jack).
- Prepare 1 cup of salsa.
- Get 28 oz of can or homemade enchilada sauce.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili. Skinny Refried Bean & Chicken Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce. Yummy enchilada chicken and quinoa stuffed bell peppers topped with cheddar cheese. These protein-packed stuffed bell peppers are easy to make, delicious.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn:
- Trim a 1/2 inch from the top of each pepper. Discard the seeds and core. Remove the stem from the pepper tops and then finely chop the pepper tops. Add the chopped pepper tops, onion, and olive oil to a small saute pan and cook over medium heat until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute of cooking and cook until fragrant..
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese, black beans, quinoa, corn, salsa, half of the cilanto, and spices. Stir well to combine. Pack the filling evenly into each bell pepper. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and place each pepper standing up in the bottom. Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 3 to 4 hours on low depending on how crisp you like your peppers..
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over the peppers, put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the slow cooker and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce from the pan and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and extra cheese if desired..
I have to share my favorite Slow Cooker Cuban Black Beans. You can try find out more about Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn. Vegetarian stuffed bell peppers wth healthy ingredients like quinoa, and black beans. Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Pecans. posted by Marina Delio Place the peppers into a deep baking dish and divide the filling evenly between the peppers.
Okay that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!