Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce. Leftovers of this penne pasta will keep for about five days and reheat well in the microwave. If the mixture seems dry, stir in a splash of water or milk to loosen it up again. The meat sauce also freezes quite well, though not with the pasta.
Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too acidic. Add more tomato sauce if the sauce is a little dry. Stir in the cooked penne pasta.
running out of stock of treats at home?, it is me again, Dan, Do not worry, you can make your own penne pasta with meat sauce, you recognize. The taste is not inferior to the very same kick that’s usually sold in cafes when you are hanging out.
In this dish, we will certainly discuss exactly how to make a complete Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce with suggestions to ensure that it feels yummy as well as soft when you chew it. This treat will certainly be even more ideal when you delight in while relaxing or eating with your household. Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Leftovers of this penne pasta will keep for about five days and reheat well in the microwave. If the mixture seems dry, stir in a splash of water or milk to loosen it up again. The meat sauce also freezes quite well, though not with the pasta.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook penne pasta with meat sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce:
- Take 1/2 lb of pasta.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- Make ready 5 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Take 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Get 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Take 1 tsp of oregano.
- Make ready Dash of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of canned chunky tomatoes.
- Take 2 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper.
This family favorite pasta dish adds a unique creamy meat sauce to make penne or ziti pasta that will please kids and adults alike. The tomato and beef sauce can be modified with ground Italian sausage. Or use ground turkey or chicken chunks if you don't eat red meat. If you prefer a vegetarian sauce, go ahead and omit the meat.
Steps to make Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce:
- Cook the penne pasta: Heat to boiling a large pot with 4 quarts of water in it. Once the water is boiling, salt it with 2 Tbsp of salt. Once the water returns to a boil add the pasta to the pot. Leave uncovered, let cook on high heat with a vigorous boil. Put the timer on for 8-10 minutes, or whatever your pasta package says is appropriate for al dente (cooked but still a little firm). Drain..
- Sauté onions, garlic, with seasonings: Once you've started to heat the water, start working on the sauce. Heat olive oil in a very large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened. Add the garlic, thyme, season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional minute, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Brown the ground beef: Heat a large cast iron pan on high heat. Salt the bottom of the pan generously. Once the pan is hot, break up small chunks of ground beef and add them to the pan, without stirring. (You may need to work in batches; do not crowd the pan.) You want the meat to get well browned..
- Add beef and tomato sauce to onions: Use a slotted spoon to lift the meat from the cast iron pan and add it to the pan with the seasoned onions. Add tomato sauce. Use the edge of your metal spatula to break up the bigger chunks of meat into smaller pieces. Add basil. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Bring to a simmer on low heat, let cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes..
- Adjust seasonings and add the pasta: Once the sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, adjust seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too acidic. Add more tomato sauce if the sauce is a little dry. Stir in the cooked penne pasta. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately..
In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Stir tomato mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Stir in cooked pasta, and olives. This Baked Penne Pasta recipe hits the stop. It's easy to throw together at the last minute and trust me, your family will thank you!
Well that is going to wrap it up with this special food penne pasta with meat sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!