Greek Style Couscous Stuffed Peppers. The best stuffed peppers we've ever had. The raisins and feta cheese were wonderful in it. An absolutely delicious dish that can be served as a vegetarian main or a hearty side!
These red peppers stuffed with couscous, feta and olives are quick to make and incredibly satisfying. Drain in colander, and place in a large baking dish. When sauce is finished, mix in the couscous and pine nuts.
The best stuffed peppers we've ever had. The raisins and feta cheese were wonderful in it. An absolutely delicious dish that can be served as a vegetarian main or a hearty side!
Greek Style Couscous Stuffed Peppers is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Greek Style Couscous Stuffed Peppers is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook greek style couscous stuffed peppers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Style Couscous Stuffed Peppers:
- It’s 3 of Bell peppers, red/yellow/orange.
- Get 100 grams of Couscous.
- Take 50 grams of Feta cheese, sliced.
- You need 40 grams of Sundried tomatoes.
- Get 10 of Black pitted olives, halved.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Green pesto.
- Make ready 30 grams of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of Spinach leaves, to garnish.
Spoon mixture evenly into pepper halves. These stuffed peppers from Delish.com pack some serious Greek flavor into one simple dish. Bring to a boil then remove pan from heat. Stir in couscous then cover the pan with a tight-forming lid until the couscous is tender.
step by step to make Greek Style Couscous Stuffed Peppers:
- Preheat the oven and put the kettle on to boil. Measure out 50g couscous (per person) and add 80ml (per person) boiling water and mix in a measuring jug. Cover and leave water to soak in for 10 mins, while you prepare the peppers..
- Cut peppers in half down the middle. I find this method much easier to eat than cutting the top off and filling the whole pepper, although it is down to personal preference. Deseed and devein the peppers, and put them in the oven/microwave until slightly soft (5 mins on high in the oven worked for me).
- Stir couscous with a fork and mix in the feta, sundried tomatoes and olives. Spread the pesto evenly on the inside of the peppers before spooning in the stuffing and packing it down..
- Add the grated cheddar on top of the peppers and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and starts to brown..
- Add salad to garnish such as spinach leaves, and enjoy!!! :).
I baked these stuffed peppers in the oven. Used what I had on hand, substituting crumbled goat cheese for feta. This is simply a made up vegertarian concoction. Greeks don't use cannellini beans or couscous in Stuffed Peppers. We use ground lamb or other meat sauteed with onions, then add.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food greek style couscous stuffed peppers recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!