Mangalore Kadi / Besan Barfi. Though a simple sweet with minimal ingredients, also called The Besan Barfi is really a treat to enjoy. In Mangalore and only in select bakeries you get this very unassuming sweet that won my heart as a child. It is called the kadi and is nothing but besan (chickpea flour) fudge or burfi that is usually made with a small ratio of ground cashewnuts.
Studded with coconut powder, rose petals and almonds, this Besan ki Barfi is a Must this Festive Season. Hey Everyone, I've finally come to this year's Diwali Celebrations finale recipe and it's Everyone's Favorite ~ Besan Barfi or. Besan Barfi or besan chikki is a regular dessert recipe that is done in my native.
Though a simple sweet with minimal ingredients, also called The Besan Barfi is really a treat to enjoy. In Mangalore and only in select bakeries you get this very unassuming sweet that won my heart as a child. It is called the kadi and is nothing but besan (chickpea flour) fudge or burfi that is usually made with a small ratio of ground cashewnuts.
Mangalore Kadi / Besan Barfi is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Mangalore Kadi / Besan Barfi is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook mangalore kadi / besan barfi using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mangalore Kadi / Besan Barfi:
- Take of Besan / Chick pea flour – one & half cup.
- Take 1/2 cup of Ghee.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Make ready of Few saffron strands /food color/ pinch of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Get 3/4 cup of water.
Dussehra is a festival that is celebrated for the triumph of good over the evil Asuras. During our childhood, Dussehra was meant for receiving goodies from elders and gorging on barfis, chikkis and many more sweet dishes made for the festival. This is a sweet recipe that can be done easily and indulged in. Besan Barfi is an Indian sweet.
Instructions to make Mangalore Kadi / Besan Barfi:
- Seive the besan and set aside. Heat ghee in a wide pan on medium flame. Add besan and mix well. Ensure that there are no lumps. Add saffron strands / food colour/ turmeric powder. Cook until it turns aromatic. The mixture will be in a thick flowy consistency. Do not overcook. If overcooked colour changes to brown & will taste bitter. Transfer the contents to another vessel and set aside..
- Grease a rectangular shaped tray with little ghee and keep it ready.
- Heat sugar adding 3/4 cup of water in the wide pan to prepare sugar syrup. When one string consistency is attained add the previously prepared besan mxture and mix well. Add cardamom powder. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of pan and comes as one lump. Switch off the flame and transfer the semi solid mixture to the greased tray and spread it evenly. Press the surface with a spatula. Allow it to cool..
- Before it cools down completely, take a steel spatula and draw lines so that it comes out as a square shaped piece when cooled. The yummy Mangalore Kadi is ready to serve.
Sift the besan before adding it to ghee: this gives the burfi a nice, smooth texture. So do the additional step of sifting the besan. Getting the sugar syrup consistency right: this can really make or break your burfi. If the syrup is over-cooked the burfi will be hard and turn out like a rock. Today it's the turn of a sweet dish to make it's appearance here.
Well that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mangalore kadi / besan barfi recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!