Dutch baby/ German pancake. We have this recipe in my family forever. We call them German oven pancakes and they are soo good. I'm about to tell you to do something.
They are by far the easiest and most minimal breakfast you can make. Only six ingredients, one bowl, and one cast iron skillet and you are in thick crepe heaven! Due to the eggs in this pancake, they puff up.
We have this recipe in my family forever. We call them German oven pancakes and they are soo good. I'm about to tell you to do something.
Dutch baby/ German pancake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Dutch baby/ German pancake is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook dutch baby/ german pancake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Dutch baby/ German pancake:
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of milk.
- Take 2 of egg.
- Get Pinch of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get Dash of vanilla (optional).
- Take 1 tsp of butter.
Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. The sides of the pancake rise high above edges of the pan, creating a light, puffy crust with a tender, eggy middle. The Original German Pancake has morphed into often being called a 'Dutch Baby.' This delicious thin pancake is neither Dutch or a baby but it is SO good!
step by step to make Dutch baby/ German pancake:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a #7 cast iron skillet. Rule of thumb if you make a big batch. When pouring into skillet cover the entire bottom of the skillet and a little more. If you dont have enough batter the pancake will be lighter or not grow up the sides. If you add too much batter it will grow pretty high up the side and the bottom will be a little thicker. Its better to be heavy on the batter..
- Combine ingredients in a large measuring cup and mix until all blended..
- Pull preheated pan out of oven and drop the butter in hot pan. Move the butter around until all melted. Pour batter in pan and return to oven..
- Cook for 20 or so minutes until the Dutch baby rises and starts to brown..
- Once down it should look like pic. Dust with powder sugar and add what ever toppings you like fresh fruit. Add syrup over pancake..
This post was originally published several years ago and I was inspired to bring it out of the archives for two reasons. This German Pancake or Dutch Baby Pancake is one of the simplest dishes to prepare and one of the most impressive to serve. This fantastic egg dish is a cross between a souffle and an omelet – it is a light and airy pancake with sides. The eggs also get puffed (this egg mixture billows up to. This Dutch baby (also known as a German pancake) is the best I've ever had!
Okay that is going to wrap it up for this special food dutch baby/ german pancake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!