Corrie's Cottage Pie. Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central!
This Skillet Shepherd's Pie recipe, also known as cottage pie, is loaded with flavorful beef and veggies and topped with fluffy and. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central!
Corrie's Cottage Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Corrie's Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have corrie's cottage pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Corrie's Cottage Pie:
- Get of Meat Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Make ready 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Make ready 1 kg of beef mince.
- Make ready 300 ml of water.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- Take 1 can of carrots.
- Take 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce (optional).
- Get of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 large of potatoes.
- Make ready 100 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper.
- Get 1 of grated cheese (optional).
Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide.
step by step to make Corrie's Cottage Pie:
- Crush the garlic with the flat end of a knife and chop finely. Chop the onion into dices..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion and garlic. Fry on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt..
- Add the beef mince and cook through until brown. Drain off the fat..
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the mixture and stir well. Add the water and stir again..
- Add the carrots and bring the mixture to the boil. Add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, if using. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Wash and peel the potatoes then cut into equal sized chunks..
- Place the potatoes in a pot and pour over cold water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. When a potato slips of the blade of a knife easily, then they are ready :).
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash well, leaving no lumps then stir in the milk and butter. Mix well..
- In a casserole dish, line all of the meat sauce on the bottom. Top with the mashed potatoes. Smooth the potatoes with a fork. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is slightly browned and crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
Wonderful cottage pie, reminds me of the meals I had in my British school's canteen. I followed the recipe for everything except the green peas coz I do not have them on hand. Try this tasty recipe for meat free cottage pie made with Quorn Meat Free Mince. Deliciously filling, low calories and saturated fat! Cottage Pie: made with ground beef in gravy and mashed potatoes, baked until hot and bubbling.
Okay that’s going to wrap it up for this special food corrie's cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!