Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti. And lighter eaters will be plenty full with just one shell. Stir in onion mixture and spinach. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
Uncover the dish and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top. Reprinted from Skinnytaste One & Done. Cook pasta as directed on package.
And lighter eaters will be plenty full with just one shell. Stir in onion mixture and spinach. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have spinach and cheese stuffed manicotti using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti:
- It’s 10 oz of Frozen Spinach (thawed completely and squeezed dry).
- Get 8 oz of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 15 oz of Ricotta (or you could use cottage cheese instead).
- Prepare 4 oz of Cream Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 box of (12-14 Shells) Manicotti Noodles (DO NOT COOK NOODLES).
- Get 4 cup of Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese (for topping).
- You need of OPTIONAL:.
- Make ready 1 lb of Ground Beef.
Use slotted spoon to remove bacon from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet. Like its three cheese counterpart, this manicotti recipe is a festive favorite, no matter what the season. Everyone can enjoy the rich and home-style flavor of this spinach stuffed manicotti with Ricotta and mushrooms. Simply prep and bake for about an hour for a delicious manicotti dish.
Instructions to make Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- If adding ground beef, brown and drain fat..
- In a large bowl; mix spinach, cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper (and ground beef if added)..
- Place about 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce in 9×13 inch pan. Spread it around to cover the bottom..
- Put the mixed filling into a plastic bag. (You can use either a frosting piping bag or a gallon zip bag.) Snip the corner, gather the top and squeeze the filling into the corner..
- Hold an uncooked manicotti shell in your hand and squeeze the filling inside the shell. Let it overflow on both sides. Place the filled shell into the sauce-lined pan..
- Repeat with remaining manicotti and fill the pan with stuffed shells, until you run out of shells and filling. (You should be able to fill 12-14 shells-if you run out of room in your pan, use a separate smaller pan to accommodate the extra.).
- Cover the pasta with marinara sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Romano/Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and place it in the oven for 50 minutes..
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes..
Drain spinach with several paper towels and squeeze until spinach is well drained. Add spinach and onion to cheese mixture and mix well. Be careful not to tear shells. This is a wonderfully cheesy manicotti recipe made easier by not having to cook the shells first. The original recipe source idea is RecipeGirl, but made a few of my own changes and additions.
Well that’s going to wrap it up with this special food spinach and cheese stuffed manicotti recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!