Cottage Pie. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Overall, this recipe is pretty close to the orignial. Not sure why you would want to add cinnamon to a traditional cottage pie.
Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as per the recipe. Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. It's a good remedy for the winter chills.—Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes.
Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Overall, this recipe is pretty close to the orignial. Not sure why you would want to add cinnamon to a traditional cottage pie.
Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have cottage pie using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage Pie:
- It’s 8 of medium sized potatoes.
- Get 1/2 kg of ground beef or lamb.
- It’s 2 of carrots, diced.
- Make ready 1 can of green peas.
- Prepare 1 can of mushrooms, sliced.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Get 1 small box of cheese, cut into cubes.
- You need 1 small stick of butter.
- It’s 500 grams of spaghetti sauce.
- Make ready 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need to taste of salt, sugar and pepper.
- You need 1 small can of evaporated milk.
- Make ready of Green bell peppers (optional).
- You need of Spiced ham, diced and cooked.
We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too. For a shepherd's pie, use lamb. View Suggestions BACK TO TOP See all Scripps Networks Digital. There are many variations of the recipe, but the defining ingredients include minced or ground beef with onions (and sometimes other vegetables) in a gravy.
step by step to make Cottage Pie:
- Boil potatoes in a pot until soft/cooked. Peel once cool enough to handle. Mash while adding milk and half of the butter. Set aside for later..
- Cook garlic until golden brown. Using the same pan, cook onions until translucent. Set aside..
- Cook ground beef for 15-20 minutes or until brown. Mix cooked garlic, onions and remaining butter. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add spaghetti sauce, green peas, and cubed cheese (leave some to grate and use for topping later). You may also add green bell peppers and cooked spiced ham if you want. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked..
- In an oven-safe dish or bowl, put meat sauce and on top of it, layer prepared mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°..
Cottage pie is a meat pie that is topped with mashed potatoes and baked in the oven. Now, cottage pie and shepherd's pie differ only in the type of ground meat they are made with. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. Potatoes were affordable ingredients that were often used by the peasants, who lived in cottages. Why is it called cottage pie?
Finally that is going to wrap this up with this special food cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!