Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese. Chilli Tofu is based off an Indo-Chinese recipe called Chilli Paneer. This is a spicy, saucy blend of Indian spices and Chinese condiments, and the star, of course, is the paneer, an Indian cottage cheese that's usually sold in blocks, just like tofu. Paneer is a bland cheese that soaks up the flavors.
Paneer is a bland cheese that soaks up the flavors. Crisp Tofu replaces the Paneer cheese in this delicious and quick version. I make a quick chili ginger vinegar sauce from scratch for this Chilli tofu.
Chilli Tofu is based off an Indo-Chinese recipe called Chilli Paneer. This is a spicy, saucy blend of Indian spices and Chinese condiments, and the star, of course, is the paneer, an Indian cottage cheese that's usually sold in blocks, just like tofu. Paneer is a bland cheese that soaks up the flavors.
Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chilli tofu/ cottage cheese using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese:
- It’s 300 grams of tofu/cottage cheese.
- Get 1/3 cup of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of red bell pepper.
- Take 1/3 cup of yellow bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onions.
- Prepare of garlic powder/paste.
- Make ready of ginger powder/paste.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Take of white pepper.
- Make ready of vinegar.
- Prepare of MSG/ agino moto.
- Get 1/2 liter of oil (to fry).
- Take of soy sauce.
- It’s of sugar.
- Get 1 of eggs.
The green chile sauce is flavorful and hot to preference (use mild to hot green chilies to preference). It uses pasta, cottage cheese, italian seasoning, tofu, tomato sauce, mozzarella, tomato, parmesan, carrot, zucchini. It uses onion, tofu, mayonnaise, turmeric, mustard, rice wine, worcestershire, cottage cheese, soy sauce, yogurt. Yes, it has been a while.
Steps to make Chilli tofu/ cottage cheese:
- For marination, take cubed pieces of tofu add some black and white pepper, ginger paste, garlic paste , olive oil, vinegar, salt, a pinch of sugar and mix thoroughly and let it remain like this in refrigerator for minimum of 2:30 hrs..
- Now till then chop all the vegetables in cube/square shaped pieces..
- Now after 3 hrs take out the marination add 1 egg to it, 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup corn flour and some water to make a thick coating on the tufu pieces, put it in rest state again for 15 mins.
- Now heat sunflower/soya/vegetable oil for frying the tofu pieces till they are golden brown and crispy. Use a absorbing paper which will soak the excessive oil..
- Now in another pan take some olive oil add ginger garlic paste, green chilli(very finely chopped), and all the chopped bell peppers, onion and sauté for 9-10 mins..
- Now in a small bowl add the corn starch and make a thick paste of it . Add this paste into the veggies and stir, add more water if needed. Add soy sauce , vinegar, msg, black pepper , white pepper and red chilli flakes to it..
- Now add the crispy tofu cubes to it and sauté well. Cover the pan for 5-6 mins..
- Now turn off the flame and pour the chilli tofu in a bowl garnishing with chopped green onion..
Today's recipe is so, so easy. If you were ever a fan of cottage cheese (my hand would be raised if I weren't typing!), you will love this. Chilli Tofu is a delicious Chinese recipe that can be prepared on any occasion. As the name suggests, the main ingredients used to prepare this mouth-watering and spicy dish are tofu cubes, red pepper, onion and green chilies. This is a simple and easy-to-cook vegetarian recipe that health-conscious.
Finally that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chilli tofu/ cottage cheese recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!