Mississippi Style Pot Roast. This is one pot recipe I've used many times. Recently I did a small group taste test with Mississippi Pot Roast and another well known and loved pot roast. When they were side by side the Mississippi Pot Roast was the clear winner.
Put the roast in a slow cooker. Add the butter, au jus gravy mix, ranch dressing mix and pepperoncini peppers and juice. Pot roast brings back memories of special family dinners complete with mashed potatoes, green bean casseroles, and some sort of jello mixed with fruit dish.
This is one pot recipe I've used many times. Recently I did a small group taste test with Mississippi Pot Roast and another well known and loved pot roast. When they were side by side the Mississippi Pot Roast was the clear winner.
Mississippi Style Pot Roast is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mississippi Style Pot Roast is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mississippi style pot roast using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mississippi Style Pot Roast:
- It’s 2-3 lb of beef roast (I prefer sirloin tip).
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 package of dry au jus gravy mix.
- It’s 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix.
- You need 5-6 of peperoncini peppers.
- Make ready 1/8 cup of peperoncini brine.
- Take of All purpose flour (for the gravy).
Don't mind us as we indulge our nostalgia today with Mississippi Pot Roast. Trust us, you're going to love it. There are a ton of variations to this recipe. Mississippi pot roast is even better as leftovers because all of the flavors have had a chance to blend together.
step by step to make Mississippi Style Pot Roast:
- Preheat the olive oil in a skillet, season the meat with pepper and then sear it on all sides..
- Add the seared roast to your slow cooker, fat side up..
- Sprinkle the au jus and ranch mixes and then place the stick of butter on top of the roast..
- Place the peperoncinis around the roast, in regular intervals..
- Pour the brine around the edges or even on top, if you like..
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours..
- Once it's done, remove it to a plate so it can rest..
- Pour the liquid into a sauce pan, add flour a teaspoon at a time, stir briskly with a whisk and simmer on low until it thickens into a rich gravy..
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!!.
Sandwich: Leftover pot roast makes great sandwiches for lunches the next day. Soup: Cut leftover pot roast into chunks and simmer it in a broth with potatoes, carrots, and onions for a hearty soup. A Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is a perfect comfort food meal. Rich beef flavor with a hint of spice that makes it ideal for family dinners is going to wow your tastebuds. This classic Sunday dinner recipe is now a family favorite.
Well that’s going to wrap it up for this special food mississippi style pot roast recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!