Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream. These apple cider cupcakes are a simple, tasty fall treat. They are quick and easy to make and have a lovely apple cider flavor. Add the remaining flour and the rest of the cider and whisk until completely combined.
They are easier than making an entire cake, easier to frost, easier to photograph (which I realize only applies to me and other weird people who photograph their food), AND they are just plain fun. Soft, fluffy Apple Cider Cupcakes piled high with a spiced apple cider buttercream frosting. There's just something about a cupcake that brings a smile.
These apple cider cupcakes are a simple, tasty fall treat. They are quick and easy to make and have a lovely apple cider flavor. Add the remaining flour and the rest of the cider and whisk until completely combined.
Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apple cider cupcakes & salted caramel buttercream using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream:
- Get of cupcakes.
- Get 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 cup of apple cider.
- Get 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready of frosting.
- Take 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Make ready 1/2 bag of Kraft caramels, melted with 2 tbsp water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk for thinning if needed (or 2 tbsp).
Soft, fluffy cake piled high with swirls of buttercream make me happy! These apple cider cupcakes are no exception. The cupcakes themselves are full of fresh apple cider, a flavor that really comes through with every bite- giving them a warm, comforting, fruity taste. The cake reminds me of the apple cider donuts I so enjoy at the apple orchard, which makes them even more perfect.
Instructions to make Apple Cider Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Buttercream:
- For cupcakes: Whisk together all ingredients..
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350º for 19 minutes..
- For buttercream: In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and shortening..
- Add the powdered sugar and the caramel alternately (add the salt in with the caramel), mixing after each addition..
- Add milk, by the tbsp. as needed for thinning.
- *The caramel is a little tricky just in that it needs to be the right temperature– warm enough that it's still liquid and can blend into the buttercream, but not so hot that it melts the butter making everything too thin. Evaluate the buttercream at about 4 tbsp of caramel– if it's getting way too thin, stop adding caramel or add more powdered sugar. I found that 6 Tbsp. was perfect for my batch..
How to Make Apple Cider Cupcakes from Scratch. The tang from the apple cider is the perfect complement to the sweetness in this recipe. Together they balance really well and create an apple cupcake that isn't too sweet, but just sweet enough! You start by mixing all of the dry ingredients together. Moist and flavorful apple cider cupcakes with salted caramel frosting on top!
Well that’s going to wrap it up with this special food apple cider cupcakes & salted caramel buttercream recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!