[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts. These Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for fall or any time of the year for that matter. The key to all the fall flavor is reducing the cider! Apple Cider gets cooked for a bit to concentrate all that amazing flavor of apples and spices.
Baking Powder & Soda; Spices – Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt Maple Syrup; Apple Cider – This recipe calls for apple cider or apple juice, not apple cider vinegar. Applesauce – This is the binder of the recipe. This recipe combines apple cider, apple sauce and even apple cider vinegar and fall spices for a donut that is filled with apple flavour.
These Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for fall or any time of the year for that matter. The key to all the fall flavor is reducing the cider! Apple Cider gets cooked for a bit to concentrate all that amazing flavor of apples and spices.
[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have [vegan] apple cider donuts using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts:
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider.
- It’s 3/4 cup of finely diced apple.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- You need 1 of flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal + 3 tablespoons water).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond milk.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s Pinch of ground cloves.
- Get of For a cinnamon & sugar topping:.
- Take 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Add reduced apple cider to a bowl along with the plant milk, sugar, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and mix very well until combined. If you have lived in the Northeastern part of the United States, then you have probably heard of and subsequently tried apple cider donuts. These Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a taste of fall in every bite! A soft and tender cider-infused donut finished with an extra crunchy cinnamon sugar topping makes a flavor and texture combo that just can't be beat.
step by step to make [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts:
- To a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the apple cider and apples. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2/3 cup total, about 10 minutes..
- Pour the apple mixture into a medium, heat-proof mixing bowl and add the coconut oil to help it melt. Cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes..
- About 5 minutes before proceeding with the doughnut batter, make the flax egg and preheat the oven. To make the flax egg, mix the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. It will need to sit for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a doughnut pan by spraying with nonstick spray, an oil mister, or lightly greasing the cups with coconut oil. Set aside..
- When the apple mixture has cooled enough to proceed, add the flax egg, brown sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine..
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir again, just until combined..
- Spoon the batter into the cups of the doughnut pan, or scoop the batter into a gallon-size zipper bag, snip off the end, and pipe it into the pan. Fill the cups 2/3 full, dividing the batter evenly between all the cups..
- Bake until the tops spring back when you poke them, 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then carefully transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack. But don’t walk away just yet! You’ll want to dip the doughnuts in the cinnamon-sugar mix while they’re still warm. Mix together the cinnamon-sugar topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a large zipper bag. One by one, gently place the still-warm doughnuts in the bag with the cinnamon sugar and very carefully toss the doughnut in the sugar mix until coated. Place back on the wire rack..
- Donuts keep well at room temperature in a semi-airtight container for 2-3 days (I store them in a glass cookie jar.).
These aren't just any donuts, either. We're talking melt-in-your-mouth donuts that are also Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Oil-Free! HOW TO STORE APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUTS. This recipe makes approximately one dozen delicious vegan apple cider doughnuts. To keep them fresh you should store them in an air tight container.
Finally that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food [vegan] apple cider donuts recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!