Carrot Cake is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Carrot Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot Cake:
- It’s 175 grams of light muscovado sugar.
- You need 175 ml of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Get 140 grams of grated carrot.
- Prepare 1 of zest of half an orange.
- Prepare 100 grams of sultanas or raisins.
- Get 175 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Take 1/2 tsp of nutmeg (freshly ground is best).
step by step to make Carrot Cake:
- preheat oven to 180°c/350°f and line a deep 9 inch cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- beat sugar and oil together to remove all lumps. add eggs, carrot, raisins and orange zest. combine.
- sieve together the flour, bicarb, cinnamon and nutmeg into the wet mixture. fold together until smoothish.
- pour mix into the cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean or edges come away from tin.
- once done remove and leave to cool in a wire rack.
- carefully using a serrated bread knife to cut lengthways for filling. if you're not confident just divide mix into two tins instead of one just reduce cooking time and keep checking.
- classic filling is cream cheese frosting (check my other recipe) but leave whole and dust with icing sugar to reduce the calories.
Okay that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food carrot cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!