Authentic Homemade Puff Pastry. Leave those frozen sheets on the store shelf! This is the best tasting, easiest homemade puff pastry recipe ever! This homemade puff pastry recipe is for purists who insist on the best possible ingredients for their baked goods.
How to Make to Homemade Puff Pastry. Sure, making puff pastry can be a seriously intimidating endeavor for novice and advanced pastry chefs alike, however, with attention to detail, some practice, and a little help from an expert, even individuals with. I can make puff pastry and save myself so much time and effort.
Leave those frozen sheets on the store shelf! This is the best tasting, easiest homemade puff pastry recipe ever! This homemade puff pastry recipe is for purists who insist on the best possible ingredients for their baked goods.
Authentic Homemade Puff Pastry is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Authentic Homemade Puff Pastry is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook authentic homemade puff pastry using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Authentic Homemade Puff Pastry:
- Take 90 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 100 grams of Butter (unsalted is fine. Cultured butter is best).
- Prepare 90 ml of Ice water.
Living in Italy I learned to cook authentic Italian dishes using whole ingredients, fresh veggies and delicious spices. Make this homemade rough puff pastry recipe the next time you need puff pastry. I promise you won't be sorry. This dough is so light, buttery and · If you've ever wanted to make authentic puff pastry from scratch, this is the recipe.
Instructions to make Authentic Homemade Puff Pastry:
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator and cut into 1 cm cubes. Combine the dry ingredients and put into a bowl with the butter..
- Add the ice water and mix by cutting the butter into the flour, using a pastry cutter or spatula. (Don't use your hands because the butter will melt)..
- It should still be a little floury when you're done mixing (like the photo). Wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the freezer for 30 minutes..
- Put the chilled dough on a piece of plastic wrap spread on your work space. Cover the top of the dough with another piece of plastic wrap. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin..
- Fold the dough over 3 times as in the photo..
- Now fold the dough over 3 more times, so that it's about 3 cm thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the freezer for about 20 minutes..
- Repeat Steps 4 – 6 two or three times. Any bits of dough that wouldn't come together at first will be smoothly incorporated after you finish these steps..
- The dough is finished. It keeps well in the freezer for 1 month. The photo shows the dough after I lightly rolled it out and sprinkled granulated sugar on top..
- This photo shows the dough from Step 8 after baking in a 220ºC oven for 15 minutes. The crust has lots of layers!.
Puff pastry puffs into thin delicate layers as it bakes, making. Your homemade puff pastry will have a richer, more buttery flavor that will beat store-bought puff pastry any day, and you won't have to worry about eating shortening, hydrogenated oils, additives, or preservatives. Just look at the ingredients list of any store-bought puff pastry and you will know what. Homemade puff pastry is made with lots of butter, while store-bought puff pastry often contains margarine or vegetable shortening—resulting in a less rich flavor and drier texture. However, if you're running low on time or don't have the patience, store-bought puff pastry is a pretty good substitute.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food authentic homemade puff pastry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!