Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins. Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. I am sure you could also do this with muffins but the layering in each muffin cup might take time. Apple Crumble (Streusel) Muffins are very soft inside thanks to the apples with a very crispy crumble on top.
Coffee Cake Muffins – The classic coffee cake is transformed into a convenient muffin, loaded with a mile-high crumb topping! My fondest memory of coffee cake dates back to middle school. We'd all line up at the cafeteria during break time and they'd serve us this huge square chunk of the warmest.
Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. I am sure you could also do this with muffins but the layering in each muffin cup might take time. Apple Crumble (Streusel) Muffins are very soft inside thanks to the apples with a very crispy crumble on top.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apple strusel coffee cake muffins using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins:
- Prepare of MUFFINS.
- Prepare 1 of large red or green eating apple I used Cortland, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Make ready 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Take 1 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of STRUEUSEL TOPPING.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of Light brown sugar, packed.
- Make ready 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of cold salted butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toffee bits, such as health bits.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of roasted chopped nuts, almonds, cashews,walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts. if you don't like nuts, leave them out.
- It’s of ICING/GLAZE.
- Get 1 of recipe my The Best Icing / Glaze recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
These Apple Coffee Cake Muffins are the perfect treat to surprise your mom on Mother's Day. Pieces of tender apples and walnuts in every bite, plus a It's like a coffee cake but in a muffin. They're just perfect with apples and walnuts in every single bite, not to mention that delicious streusel topping. Pour the wet into the dry then add the raw apples and mix well.
Steps to make Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins:
- Preheat oven n to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy Add eggs one at a time beating each egg in, then add vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed alternate flour mixture with sour cream starting and ending with flour, fold in apples, batter will be thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor, mix, add cold butter and pulse until it looks like sand, stir in nuts and toffee chips. This can be done in a bowl with a fork as well.
- Divide strusel topping evenly among muffins. Bake 18 to 24 minutes until a toothpick just comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool before glazing.
- Glaze muffins with Icing/Glaze attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
Add softened butter; mix with fingers to work butter into dry. I decided I wanted coffee cake muffins. I mean really, who doesn't love muffins? I didn't even care if the final product turned out fragile and messy as regular coffee cake sometimes can be. And of course, I had plenty of apples to throw in the mix and apples in anything breakfast related is almost.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food apple strusel coffee cake muffins recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!