Best and Most Moist Christmas Fruit Cake ever. Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! An easy fruit cake that's rich with a velvety texture, super moist and full flavoured. So if that sounds good to you, then I think you're really going to love this Christmas Cake!
The cake is so soft and moist and the aroma of spices makes this fruit cake, more flavorful. A traditional moist fruit cake made with rum soaked dried fruit, citrus zest, and candied ginger. The best fruit cake recipe you'll ever make!
Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! An easy fruit cake that's rich with a velvety texture, super moist and full flavoured. So if that sounds good to you, then I think you're really going to love this Christmas Cake!
Best and Most Moist Christmas Fruit Cake ever is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Best and Most Moist Christmas Fruit Cake ever is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook best and most moist christmas fruit cake ever using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Best and Most Moist Christmas Fruit Cake ever:
- Prepare 1 kg of fruit mix – i.e – sultanas, raisins, currants, mixed peel.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 250 grams of butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Golden Syrup (corn syrup).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 5 of medium to large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Mixed Spice.
- You need of Rind of one lemon, finely grated.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly grated Nutmeg.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of Plain Flour.
- Get 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Make ready of Sprinkling of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Brandy, Whiskey or Orange Juice.
- You need of (yes you can even use Bourbon).
The words 'world's best' and fruit cake are generally not seen as compatible with one another. After all, fruit cake is one of the most ridiculed baked goods in. Moist Fruit Cake – traditional English, easy, and delicious fruit cake recipe with brandy. Moist Christmas Fruit Cake – super flavorful fruit cake recipe that is moist and sure to please this I just started to learn to bake and have followed most of your recipe as a novice.
Instructions to make Best and Most Moist Christmas Fruit Cake ever:
- Prepare a 25cm round or square cake tin by putting two layers of newspaper in the bottom and up the sides, followed by a layer of brown paper and then finally a layer of baking paper which you will grease on the bottom and sides with butter OR spray all over with a baking non-stick spray of your choice. Also preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Put the Mixed Fruit and the first 1/2 cup of Flour in a bowl and stir to dredge the fruit in the flour.
- In a saucepan, put the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup and heat over a medium heat until butter is fully melted, stirring all the time. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs one at a time into the caramel mixture. Then add the lemon rind, vanilla and the spices. Mixed well.
- Add this caramel mixture to the dredged fruit and stir thoroughly to combine..
- Add the remaining flour, bicarbonate of Soda and the salt and combine well again. Then stir in the alcohol or the orange juice, whichever is your choice..
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Place in the centre of the preheated oven. before pushing the rack in and closing the door, dip your fingers into water and liberally sprinkle the water over the top of the cake. This prevents cracking too much. Bake at 150°C (300°F) for 1.5 hours then turn the oven down to 130°C (265°F) and cook for a further 2.5 hours. (Start checking from 30 minutes before allotted time is up. Check by inserting a metal skewer into centre. Should come out clean).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave in the tin on top of a cake rack for one hour. Then turn out cake onto rack and let cool completely before trimming and icing with royal icing OR perhaps glazed nuts. I even like it plain on its own..
- Note: If your oven is only fan-forced then cook at 145°C (290°F) for 1.5 hours and then at 125°C (255°F) for a further 1.5 hours and check with the skewer. Check every ten minutes there after until the skewer comes out clean. Results of this cake on fan-forced can be just as good as conventional baking but this adjustment must be adhered to or the cake can become too dry or burnt. If cooking conventionally then if the times are adhered to the cake will always be lovely and moist and never burnt..
- Enjoy! :-).
See more ideas about fruit cake christmas, fruitcake recipes, fruit cake. · I don't know if this is a regional dish or what. but NO ONE I talk to seems to have ever heard of it except the people in my family. and most people act Christmas Cake Recipe – Easy Fruit Cake that's beautifully moist! Rich, moist, fruity and fragrant with brandy, this moist Christmas cake is best served with a cup of tea or a mug of good coffee. Cake can be made up to three months ahead; store in an airtight container in a cool place or refrigerate if the weather is humid. This is my mom's favorite cake during Christmas time. A classic Caribbean fruit cake is a basic pound cake recipe with almost equal parts of chopped fruit Thank you so much for this recipe which made it possible for me to confidently make my first West.
Okay that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food best and most moist christmas fruit cake ever recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!