Indian Chicken Pilaf Rice. This Indian chicken pulao (pilaf) recipe is so easy to make. Pulao is a rice-based dish which often also includes ingredients like vegetables or meat or both. Sometimes the rice and other ingredients are cooked together in spices and broth, while at other times the parboiled rice is mixed with the spices.
I paired with Easy Indian Butter Chicken here and rated that recipe too. Chef Asha Gomez calls her chicken pilaf a "one-dish wonder." You can swap out the spices, adding a little cinnamon or ginger in place of the star anise. The Indian cooking fat ghee is available at specialty food stores.
This Indian chicken pulao (pilaf) recipe is so easy to make. Pulao is a rice-based dish which often also includes ingredients like vegetables or meat or both. Sometimes the rice and other ingredients are cooked together in spices and broth, while at other times the parboiled rice is mixed with the spices.
Indian Chicken Pilaf Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Indian Chicken Pilaf Rice is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook indian chicken pilaf rice using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Chicken Pilaf Rice:
- Make ready of Basmathi Rice.
- It’s of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- It’s of Raisins.
- Make ready of Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Get of Cooking Oil.
- Take of Butter or Ghee.
- Take of [Aromatic].
- You need of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s of Star Anise.
- Take of Cardamom Pods.
- Prepare of Cloves.
- Take of [Curry Paste Marinade] processed in a blender.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Take of Ginger.
- Prepare of Onions.
- Take of Garam Masala.
- It’s of Coriander Powder.
- Get of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare of Chilli Powder.
- Take of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need of White Pepper Powder.
- Get of Salt.
- Take of Yogurt.
- You need of Sugar.
Alternatively, you can make it by slowly heating butter and skimming off the milk. Best rice for rice pilaf – basmati rice is the best for both flavour and fluffiness. Basmati is a type of long grain rice – the longer the grain, the fluffier the rice. Broth OR water – For extra flavour, I almost always make my Rice Pilaf with vegetable or chicken broth.
Steps to make Indian Chicken Pilaf Rice:
- MARINADE: marinate the Chicken in the Curry Paste for 30 minutes or 3 hours to overnight..
- SAUTÉ: heat the Cooking Oil and Butter in a pot. Sauté the Aromatics for a minute. Then add the Onions and cook until soft, translucent and fragrant..
- CHICKEN: next add the entire Chicken and Curry Paste and brown the chicken on all sides..
- TOMATOES: next add the Tomatoes (and maybe 1/2 cup Water) and cook the them until they turn soft and have disintegrated..
- RICE: Next, add 2 Cups of Water and stir the bottom. Then add the Rice, Raisins Salt and cover with a lid. Cook on a LOW heat until all the Water have evaporated. You can check the bottom with a skewer or fork. When cooked, rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with Raita..
However, water will work just fine as well. This Chicken Rice Pilaf is a very simple dish to make, yet quite comforting and very versatile. It's a staple in my house because it uses simple, every day ingredients that we always have in our fridge or pantry. For the best flavor use a good-quality Indian curry powder. In a bowl, place the rice and cover with cold water.
Okay that’s going to wrap it up with this special food indian chicken pilaf rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!