Chicken And Waffles.
You’re running out stock of treats in your home?, it is me again, Dan, Do not stress, you can make your own chicken and waffles, you recognize. The taste is not inferior to the exact same kick that’s usually marketed in coffee shops when you are hanging out.
Chicken And Waffles is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken And Waffles is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken and waffles using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken And Waffles:
- Get of Chicken Brine.
- You need 2-3 lbs of Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs.
- Get 2 Cups of Whole Milk or Buttermilk.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Salt.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of Hot Sauce or Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Take 1 Tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Get 1/4 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need of Chicken Breading.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Cornstarch.
- Make ready 2 Tsp of Salt.
- Take 2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- Take 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Make ready 2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Get of Waffles.
- Take 2 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- Make ready 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Take 1 1/2 Cups of Milk.
- Prepare 8 Tablespoons of Salted Butter (One Stick) Melted.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs (4 Egg Whites, 2 Yolks) Separated.
Steps to make Chicken And Waffles:
- Cut Chicken Breasts into @ 2" Pieces. Mix all Brine Ingredients in a bowl. Place Chicken pieces in Brine. Make sure all Chicken is covered in Brine, cover and Refrigerate for at least 2 Hours to Overnight..
- Mix all Chicken Breading Ingredients in a Mixing Bowl. Set aside..
- In a Large Mixing Bowl, add all Dry Waffle Ingredients. Melt Butter, then set aside to cool. In a Small Mixing Bowl, Crack all 4 Eggs over an Egg Separator, Leaving just the Whites. Place Yolks in a Separate Bowl. Whisk Egg Whites until stiff peaks are formed. In a Large Measuring Cup or Bowl, Add Milk, Vanilla, 2 Egg Yolks, and Cooled Melted Butter. Add this Liquid To the Dry Waffle Mix and stir until mostly combined. Fold in Egg Whites. Set aside..
- Heat Cooking Oil in a Large Cast Iron Skillet over Medium to Medium High Heat. Oil should be about 1" high and reach between 350° – 375°. Set up a dredging station. Pour a decent amount of the Dry Chicken Breading Mix onto a plate or in shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of Chicken in the Breading Mix, and set on a plate to rest for 5 Minutes. Dredge in the Mix again..
- Fry Chicken in small batches for about 7-8 Minutes, turning half way through. Don't overcrowd pan. Place cooked Chicken onto a wire cooling rack/sheet pan. Place in a low oven to keep warm..
- Heat Waffle Maker and cook Waffles. Top Waffles with Chicken and toppings or sauce of choice. A spicy honey butter sauce is often customary, and I might post a separate recipe for that one, at some point. Maple syrup or honey is fabulous too. Enjoy!.
Finally that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken and waffles recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!