Homemade Chicken and Dumplings.
Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook homemade chicken and dumplings using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Chicken and Dumplings:
- You need 3-4 of large chicken breasts, cubed.
- Make ready 1 of large onion.
- Take 1 can of chicken broth (unsalted).
- It’s of garlic salt (to taste).
- Prepare of Creole seasoning (to taste).
- Make ready 2.5 cups of flour.
- Get of cold water (1 cup?).
- Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil.
step by step to make Homemade Chicken and Dumplings:
- In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup of oil and brown your chicken for about 7-10 minutes. Add onions during the last 3 minutes and lightly season with garlic salt and Creole seasoning. Chicken will not be completely cooked. Remove from heat..
- In a large skillet, heat remaining cooking oil and add up to 1/2 cup of cooking oil to make a light brown roux. Do NOT make a dark brown one like you would for a gumbo! Remove from heat once completed..
- Combine remaining flour and enough water to make a firm but sticky ball of dough. Tap water is fine. Feel free season your dough slightly with garlic salt and Creole seasoning..
- Return chicken to heat. Turn up to medium high and add chicken broth and 3-4 cans of water and roux. While temp is rising, pull dumpling sized bits from dough ball by hand and drop into pot..
- Once near boiling, turn down to medium low. Add more water by can if too thick for your taste and you want to thin it out some. Cook for an additional 10-15 min..
- Enjoy as a stand alone or serve over rice!.
Well that’s going to wrap this up with this special food homemade chicken and dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!