Lee's Homemade Chicken and Dumplings.
Lee's Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Lee's Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lee's homemade chicken and dumplings using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lee's Homemade Chicken and Dumplings:
- You need of For the chicken stock:.
- Make ready 4-5 Pound of Whole Young Chicken.
- It’s 3-4 Quarts of Water.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion Cut Into Quarters.
- Prepare 4 of Celery Stalks Cut Into 3" Pieces.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Whole Black Peppercorns.
- Make ready 5 Cloves of Crushed Garlic Cloves.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt.
- Make ready of For the chicken soup:.
- Take 2 Quarts of Chicken Stock.
- Get 1 Cup of Sliced Celery.
- It’s 1 Cup of Sliced Carrots.
- You need 1 Can of Condensed Cream of Celery Soup.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Cooked Shredded Chicken.
- Make ready 4 Tablespoons of Chopped Celery Leaves.
- It’s 1 of \2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of 1 + Tablespoons Kosher Salt to Taste.
- It’s of For the Dumplings:.
- It’s 2 Cups of Baking Mix (Bisquick).
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoons of Chopped Celery Leaves.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Whole Milk.
Steps to make Lee's Homemade Chicken and Dumplings:
- In a large Stock pot combine the first nine ingredients. Bring up just to a slow simmer, cover and let cook for 1 to 1.5 hours. Stir around every once in a while. Stock will be done when chicken is tender. When cool enough to handle, remove the chicken and hand shred all the meat from the bones. Strain stock through a seive, discarding vegetable pieces and any other unwanted pieces. Set aside until ready for use..
- To make the soup combine the chicken stock, celery, and carrots. Bring to a low boil and let cook until vegetables are tender. Around 30 minutes. Next add the celery soup and leaves, shredded chicken meat, salt and ground pepper. Bring back to a simmer. Now is the time to adjust the salt!.
- Mix together the baking mix, seasoned salt, and chopped celery leaves. Add the milk into the dry ingredients, and stir together until a dough forms. Dough will be sticky. It helps to put the dough in the refrigerator for a short while and let chill somewhat. Makes it easier to handle..
- Spoon drop dumpling mixture into the simmering soup. Keep in mind that the dumplings will swell about twice their size as they cook. Let cook covered for 20-30 minutes until dumplings are set and fully cooked. Gently flip over halfway during the cooking time. Add additional stock if needed as the dumplings absorb some of the stock. I hope you and your family enjoy..
Okay that’s going to wrap this up for this special food lee's homemade chicken and dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!