Potato Corn Chowder.
Potato Corn Chowder is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Potato Corn Chowder is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have potato corn chowder using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Corn Chowder:
- Take 1 each of onion diced.
- Get 1 small of carrot finely diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 box of chicken broth (32 oz each).
- You need 8 medium of potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Make ready 1 pints of water.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- Make ready 2 stick of celery finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of ham diced.
- Make ready 1 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Get 1/2 tsp of black pepper or to taste.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese shredded ( can use same amount Velveeta or Cheez Whiz).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch (with equal amount cold water dissolved in small cup).
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper or to taste.
- Take 1 cup of frozen or canned corn drained.
Steps to make Potato Corn Chowder:
- In a large stock pot place oil, onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until translucent..
- Add chicken broth and water to pot and heat until boiling..
- Add potatoes, ham and corn. Heat until it returns to boiling then reduce heat to medium..
- Cook until potatoes are tender approximately 10-15 minutes..
- Add milk and stir well..
- Then add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cheese. Cook until cheese melts..
- Stir cornstarch and water mixture into soup until thickened. If necessary, you can add more cornstarch with cold water to further thicken soup. Be careful though and only add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixture at a time. If you add too much cornstarch it will be too thick..
- Cook soup for about 10 more minutes..
- Enjoy! It tastes even better the next day..
- (Cornstarch mixture is made by mixing equal parts cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or cup until dissolved).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food potato corn chowder recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!