Sweet Potato Casserole. Find sweet and savory recipes for sweet potato casserole. See how to make it with canned or fresh sweet potatoes, plus get tips from home cooks. Switch out your standard sweet potato casserole with one of these fun twists on tradition — there's something spicy, sweet, and savory, so you could make a few if you're so inclined.
This simple side dish is a family favorite and perfect for To make this casserole, you will start by cooking the sweet potatoes. You can cook them however you like, but when it comes to this dish I prefer to peel. Thanksgiving isn't complete without a homemade sweet potato casserole.
Find sweet and savory recipes for sweet potato casserole. See how to make it with canned or fresh sweet potatoes, plus get tips from home cooks. Switch out your standard sweet potato casserole with one of these fun twists on tradition — there's something spicy, sweet, and savory, so you could make a few if you're so inclined.
Sweet Potato Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Sweet Potato Casserole is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potato casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Prepare 1 of Melted butter or margarine.
- Get 3 large of cooked, mashed sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Take 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/3 cup of milk.
- Get 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional).
Sweet potatoes have always been a Turkey Day staple, but why not elevate the classic side with new flair? These casseroles will wow your guests this year — and in the years to come. This easy sweet potato casserole with mashed potatoes has a buttery, crunchy pecan topping. It may become your most-requested holiday side dish.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Combine 1/2 c. (1 stick) melted butter with next 5 ingredients in mixing bowl, mix well. Tip: Let mixture cool a few minutes before adding eggs or they will cook..
- Pour in 2 qt. casserole dish..
- For topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, 2-1/2 tablespoons melted butter and nuts (optional) in a small mixing bowl, mix well with fork until crumbly. Tip: Slowly pour melted butter into mixture while mixing with fork as you don't want it real wet and sticky..
- Sprinkle topping over sweet potato mixture..
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes..
It's the only sweet potato casserole you'll need and it's sure to be a hit with family and guests. Although it can—and should—be called into duty as a side. Sweet Potato Casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas dish. It is really easy to prepare and delicious. Sweet Potato Casserole is my favorite side dish at the Thanksgiving or Christmas table.
Finally that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food sweet potato casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!