Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings. Ranga aloor pithe / sweet potatopithe or rosh puli pithe is traditional bengali pithe recipe made specially for poush sankranti. It is also important to eat one root crop like yam or sweet potato. The Bengali gourmet however has chosen sweet potatoes over yams, but in rural places yam still.
Music Source Sweet Potato and Moong Dal Pitha Recipe prepared by Grandmother Ranga aloo r rosh pithe / sweet potato dumplings – these are stuffed with coconut sweetened with jaggery and then deep fried and dunked in light syrup. Ranga Aalur Pithe (A Traditional Festive Bengali Dessert using Sweet Potato).
Are you starting to run out supply of snacks in the house?, it’s Brad, Do not fret, you can make your own ranga aloor puli pithe/ sweet potato dumplings, you understand. The taste is not inferior to the same kick that’s usually marketed in cafes when you are hanging around.
In this recipe, we will talk about just how to make a full Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings with ideas to make sure that it feels yummy as well as soft when you eat it. This snack will be even more best when you appreciate while unwinding or consuming with your family. Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Ranga aloor pithe / sweet potatopithe or rosh puli pithe is traditional bengali pithe recipe made specially for poush sankranti. It is also important to eat one root crop like yam or sweet potato. The Bengali gourmet however has chosen sweet potatoes over yams, but in rural places yam still.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ranga aloor puli pithe/ sweet potato dumplings using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings:
- You need of For the outer layer-.
- It’s 2-3 of medium sized sweet potatoes(boiled & mashed).
- Take 2 tbsp of all purpose flour/ maida.
- Make ready of For the stuffing-.
- It’s 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jaggery.
- Take of Oil for deep frying.
Ranga Aalur Pithe is one of those "not-so-popular" sweet dishes that is traditionally made in Bengali households Pithe or Puli can be deep-fried or steamed. Puli is a kind of dumpling that has a beautiful, elongated shape. Red skin sweet potatoes with thin skin, the sticky pale white inside, my maa, my dida, the old house, the kitchen I spent so many hours watching my The rolled spheres are then deep fried and dunked in sweet cardamom flavored sugar syrup. In this case mashed sweet potatoes are used instead of dairy.
step by step to make Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings:
- Combine the coconut & jaggery in a pan in low flame & let the jaggery dissolve completely..
- Stir continuously until you get a thick mixture..
- When the mixture thickens, remove from the flame & let it cool..
- Devide it into equal 9-10 portions & set aside..
- Boil the sweet potatoes until soft.Peel & mash them until smooth..
- Add the refined flour to the mashed sweet potatoes & knead it well to form a smooth dough..
- The dough should be soft & nonsticky.Devide the dough into 9-10 equal balls& set aside..
- Flatten the dough ball with your greased palm.Place the coconut,jaggery stuffing in the centre..
- Carefully fold the dough to form the pulies.Seal the edges..
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan.Derp fry the stuffed pulies over a medium flame until golden brown colour..
- Remove from the oil & serve them hot or cold..
The sweet potato mixture is incredibly easy to work with, the ingredients are straightforward (but complex-tasting, once they all come together), and the rolling, while tricky at first, is from Broke Ass Gourmet. She says "If you have never made dumplings before, this is a good recipe to start with. Pitha is a type of palm-sized fritter, pancake, pastry or dumpling from the eastern regions of the Indian subcontinent, common in Bangladesh and India. Pour the sugar mixture over the dumplings. Sweet Potato Dumplings in Cardamom and Saffron Flavored Syrup (Ranga Aloo-r Pantua).
Well that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ranga aloor puli pithe/ sweet potato dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!