Simple Mashed Potato Salad. Light and fluffy mashed potatoes make a deliciously light and fluffy potato salad. With hard cooked eggs, sweet pickles, and sweet onion, this dish is sure to be a summer favorite. Even anti-potato salad people would like this (ummm.my boyfriend!).
I grew up with my mom making this with leftover mashed potatoes often. It is ridiculously simple, but so tasty! I'm not a fan of celery so I have it listed as optional because I never use it (I do add extra celery seed though).
Light and fluffy mashed potatoes make a deliciously light and fluffy potato salad. With hard cooked eggs, sweet pickles, and sweet onion, this dish is sure to be a summer favorite. Even anti-potato salad people would like this (ummm.my boyfriend!).
Simple Mashed Potato Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Simple Mashed Potato Salad is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook simple mashed potato salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Mashed Potato Salad:
- Take 2 cups of cold mashed potatoes.
- It’s 2 of hardboiled eggs – chopped to 1/4 inch pieces.
- It’s 1/3 cup of onion – chopped to 1/4 inch pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of celery – chopped to 1/4 inch pieces (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Sweet relish.
- Prepare 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- Get 1/4 tsp of celery seed (optional).
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get of Paprika for garnish (optional).
Old-Fashioned Mashed Potato Salad is my recipe of the day. With a smooth creamy texture, it is the perfect kind of potato salad for those who don't like things "chunky". I had been reading about it in an online cooking group. While it isn't the type of texture I usually have in salads, I have read it is quite popular with many people.
Instructions to make Simple Mashed Potato Salad:
- Put everything in a medium sized bowl with an airtight lid. Mix gently until fully combined..
- Cover. Refrigerate 2-4 hrs. Sprinkle with paprika before serving if desired. Enjoy!.
- NOTE: This really is best made with Miracle Whip due to the extra seasonings it contains. If you use mayo try adding 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar as well to get a more "tangy, sweet zip".
It's not mashed potatoes per se, but it's not a traditional potato salad either. Like German potato salad, this mashed potato salad is served warm or at room temperature. Waxy potatoes such as Red Rose and Yukon Gold are the best choices for potato salad recipes because they hold their shape and do not disintegrate as easily as Idahos and russets. Peel cut and cook potatoes as for mashed potatoes. Add relish, chopped onion, celery, salt and pepper.
Okay that is going to wrap it up for this special food simple mashed potato salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!