Sweet potatoes Gulab Jamun. The recipe is simple and easy to prepare. Since gulab jamun are a favorite with many folks, why not give a try to this recipe of sweet potato gulab jamun. The Sweet potato gulab jamun or Shakarkandi ke Gulab Jamun mithai is one I grew up to, as my Grand Mom was a bhakt of Devi Maa and sweet potato Gulab jamun was always the first Bhog for Maa Durga.
A rustic sweet from the Bengali kitchen, these are sweet potato doughnuts or gulab jamuns stuffed with a coconut, fried and soaked in cardamom scented syrup. This recipe is great for a vegan. Yesterday she made these delicious Gulab Jamun with Sweet Potatoes!
The recipe is simple and easy to prepare. Since gulab jamun are a favorite with many folks, why not give a try to this recipe of sweet potato gulab jamun. The Sweet potato gulab jamun or Shakarkandi ke Gulab Jamun mithai is one I grew up to, as my Grand Mom was a bhakt of Devi Maa and sweet potato Gulab jamun was always the first Bhog for Maa Durga.
Sweet potatoes Gulab Jamun is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Sweet potatoes Gulab Jamun is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potatoes gulab jamun using 11 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet potatoes Gulab Jamun:
- It’s 1 of heaped cup mashed sweet potato (2 medium sized or 500gm).
- Take 4 tbsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of maida all purpose flour.
- Get of For the sugar syrup:.
- Get 3/4 cup of Grated jaggery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 5-7 strands of saffron.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of few chopped pistachios.
- It’s as needed of Rose petals for garnish.
- You need as needed of Oil for frying.
I am learning new dishes from her, going back to my roots and gobbling Bengali dishes. Mom and Dad make a feast for my every meal – carb, fish and sweets, overloaded. Mom has always been about homemade food! She never liked buying sweets; instead she would prepare it from.
Steps to make Sweet potatoes Gulab Jamun:
- Rinse the sweet potatoes nicely.
- Take a pressure cooker add water and place sweet potatoes for boiling.
- Boil them for 2-3 whistles Switch off the flame and Let it cool.
- Take out the seeet potatoes and peel them.
- Now mash them with a fork Measure 1 cup and set aside..
- In a sauce pan,take jaggery add water to it..
- Now add saffron and cardamom powder..
- Heat it up, stir until it's completely dissolved..
- Once you get a thick syrup switch off the flame.
- Now add maida and milk powder to the mashed sweet potato Mix well without any lumps..
- Grease your hands with oil, shape into small lemon sized balls very lightly.
- Shape all the balls and make it ready..
- Now heat oil in a kadai, the oil should not be smoking hot..
- If you pinch a small piece and add it it should slowly come up that is the right temperature for frying jamuns..
- Keep the flame in medium and keep rolling. Add 3-4 balls at a time, and fry till golden brown. Roll over for even frying..
- Drain them on a tissue paper for 2 mins then add it to slightly warm sugar syrup..
- Give atleast half and hour standing time before serving..
- Sweet potato Gulab Jamuns are ready.
- Garnish with some rose petals.
The main ingredient for making this vegan gulab jamun is sweet potato. It lends a nice flavor along with it its natural sweetness to the jamuns. Flour, water, sugar and sweet potatoes! This vegan gulab jamun is very very soft than our regular gulab jamun. Sweet potato gulab jamun / Shakarkandi ke gulab jamun is a dessert made with sweet potato, maida and sugar.
Finally that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sweet potatoes gulab jamun recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!