Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe is healthy, easy to make, and so scrumptious. The perfect fall recipe and the ultimate comfort food that can be on your dinner table in no time. Layered vegan shepherd's pie delivers a rich filling of lentils, ginger, tomato, and warm spices under a coconut milk and sweet potato mash.
The base is a simple mixture of vegetables and lentils simmered with fresh thyme in vegetable broth until tender and flavorful. The secret to this shepherd's pie's filling is to choose big carrots so they don't lose their texture when cooked, from BBC Good Food. A shepherd's pie is a traditional dish made with ground lamb and mashed potatoes.
This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe is healthy, easy to make, and so scrumptious. The perfect fall recipe and the ultimate comfort food that can be on your dinner table in no time. Layered vegan shepherd's pie delivers a rich filling of lentils, ginger, tomato, and warm spices under a coconut milk and sweet potato mash.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes:
- Take of Vegetables.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of celery.
- It’s 1 cup of fennel.
- Make ready 1 medium of tomato.
- Make ready 1 small of zucchini.
- It’s 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Prepare of Meat.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 lb of sausage.
- Take 6 1/2 oz of can tomato paste.
- Make ready of Topping.
- Get 2 medium of sweet potatoes, mashed.
One serving of sweet potato contains double the amount of the recommended amount. Made with grassfed ground beef and veggies, it's a hearty, affordable and healthy dinner staple. Irish Shepherd's Pie – Classic Shepherd Pie for St. Blueberry and Cream Cheese Fried Pies and Turnover Recipe.
step by step to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done.
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion.
- Season the meat mixture to taste.
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it.
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together.
Shepherd's pie is a classic casserole of ground meat and vegetables topped with fluffy mashed potatoes. I've left the recipe for my shepherd's pie pretty similar to most, but added kale for a little extra vegetable boost and swapped out the traditional with potatoes for sweet potatoes. Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Top tip for making Shepherd's pie with sweet potato topping. For the mashed sweet potatoes: Scoop sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
Well that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!