Sweet potato balls. Welcome to the Sugar Crystal Kitchen! It's Jessica and I'm all about taking whisks *pun intended*. Join me on a sweet journey by hitting SUBSCRIBE to keep.
Sweet potato balls are a popular bite-sized snack in Taiwan. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The snack is made using sweet potatoes you can get at your local supermarket.
Welcome to the Sugar Crystal Kitchen! It's Jessica and I'm all about taking whisks *pun intended*. Join me on a sweet journey by hitting SUBSCRIBE to keep.
Sweet potato balls is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Sweet potato balls is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sweet potato balls using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet potato balls:
- You need 2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Take 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of heaped teaspoon cardamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
Drain and mash with butter, sugar, milk. Sweet potato ball is an amazing snack available in Malaysia, in the morning or afternoon market. They are commonly sold by street vendors. Called "番薯旦" in Chinese, they are made with sweet potatoes.
Instructions to make Sweet potato balls:
- Take your preboiled sweet potatoes and mash them( you can also use orange or yellow sweetpotatoes.
- In a clean bowl put your flour and add baking powder, cardamon and sugar.
- Mix the mashed sweet potatoes with flour until it doesn't stick then let it rest for a few minutes then make small round balls.
- Heat your oil in high heat then reduce to medium low and now place the sweet potatoes.
- Deep fry them and Let them achieve your desired brownness.
- Put on a paper towel to drain the excess oil as they cool…then serve with hot cocoa or coffee and enjoy.
Traditional Taiwanese taro balls use sweet potato starch (地瓜粉，红薯粉). Tapioca flour has also been used. But the texture balls produced would be slightly different. Sweet Potato Balls (蕃薯旦)Rasa Malaysia. oil, sesame seeds, water, sugar, all purpose flour, sweet potatoes. Taiwanese Sweet Potato Balls: Step-by-Step Photos.
Okay that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sweet potato balls recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!