Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes. Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes are the perfect snack! Cheesy on the inside, so crispy on the outside and so easy to make! The only difference with these is all the CHEESE!
I also like to make regular or sweet potato cakes for lunch sometimes, it doesn't have to be strictly a holiday dish. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, potatoes, shortening, water and egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to potato mixture and mix well.
Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes are the perfect snack! Cheesy on the inside, so crispy on the outside and so easy to make! The only difference with these is all the CHEESE!
Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook mashed sweet potato cakes using 3 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes:
- It’s 500 grams of Sweet potatoes.
- Get 50 grams of Flour.
- Get 70 grams of Sugar.
Sweet potato: Leave it unpeeled for now. You will peel it after it's cooked. How to make sweet potato patties. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions.
Instructions to make Mashed Sweet Potato Cakes:
- Slice the sweet potatoes in 1 cm thickness. Skins can be removed or left on. I boil the potatoes first, then remove the skin when I mash them..
- Drain the potatoes and mix flour and sugar and mash together. Add a little of the liquid from the boiled potatoes (about 50 ml) for a smooth consistency. It's fine not to add liquid..
- Mash until it becomes to this consistency. It's tasty with a few lumps..
- Roll into desired size. Shape them round like the moon. The large ones are for dinner, and the smaller ones are for tomorrow's packed lunch..
- Let them cool. If fried hot, they may crumble! Coat lightly in flour before frying..
- Deep fry in oil. You can also fry them in a pan..
- If there's mashed potato left over, wrap and store in freezer..
- The smaller cakes are for packed lunch..
- I recreated this pounded cakes with sweet bean paste inside that I once found. This version also delicious. They're addictive..
Your first step is to microwave a sweet potato. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, lightly beat one egg. Add the onion, potatoes, flour, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired. How to make sweet potato patties?
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food mashed sweet potato cakes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!