Easy Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Cottage Pie uses ground beef I find that the easiest way to make this dish is to work ahead. You could make the beef or lamb mixture.
American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Easy Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Easy Shepherds Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy shepherds pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Shepherds Pie:
- You need of lean hamburger.
- Prepare of onion chopped.
- Take of cream of mushroom soup.
- Take of low fat milk.
- Prepare of salt.
- Make ready of ground black pepper.
- Take of McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning or a similar steak and chop seasoning.
- Take of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes.
- It’s of frozen mixed veggies(small bag).
- Make ready of Butter and Herb flavor instant potatoes.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
This Shepherd's pie is a complete meal in a single skillet, and just the kind of dinner you want to tuck into as the weather cools. Plus, it's so easy you can make it on a weeknight. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Steps to make Easy Shepherds Pie:
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- brown hamburger with chopped onion, drain any grease.
- microwave frozen hashbrowns (use frozen veggie setting add a little water).
- microwave frozen veggies.
- microwave instant potatoes (make sure to double butter/milk/ water since both packets are being made).
- in a large bowl mix together soup and milk, then add salt, pepper, worcestershire and steak seasoning.
- add meat, veggies, and cubed hasbrowns to soup mixture. Mix well.
- In a large GREASED caserole dish (4 liter or larger) pour mixture and spread evenly.
- pour and spread instant potatoes over meat mixture.
- spread cheddar cheese ontop.
- bake uncovered at 350 for 30 min.
This Easy Shepherd's Pie is totally one of those easy recipes that can be customized for your family's taste (and what's in your refrigerator and pantry). Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. It's super cheap to make, freezable, gluten free.
Well that is going to wrap this up for this special food easy shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!