Chicken and Pork Adobo. In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines. Almost all meat, seafood, and vegetables can be cooked using the inadobo method. Add soy sauce, vinegar, water, pepper corns, and bay leaves.
In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
Chicken and Pork Adobo is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken and Pork Adobo is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken and pork adobo using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Pork Adobo:
- It’s 1/2 of k Pork (adobo cut or belly part).
- Prepare 1/2 of k Chicken (leg & thigh).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 of whole Garlic, crushed & skin on.
- Get 2 pcs. of Onion, chopped.
- Take 5 pcs. of Bay leaf.
- Make ready of Sauce Mixture.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vinegar.
- Get 11/2 cup of Water.
- Make ready 1 Tsp of whole peppercorn.
- Get 1 Tsp of crushed pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Oyster sauce.
Continue to simmer until sauce reduces down to a syrupy consistency. Add the pork and chicken to the pan. Place the chicken and pork pieces in a non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade and ensure all the pieces are evenly coated.
Steps to make Chicken and Pork Adobo:
- Combine sauce mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute Onion and garlic.
- Add pork, saute for a few minutes.
- Put sauce mixture and bay leaf. Simmer for 15 minutes before mixing.
- Add chicken, mix and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- Simmer pork for another 10-15 minutes.
- Put back chicken and cook for another 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and pork and marinade along with enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot. Once cooked, add potatoes and carrots and cook until soft, if needed, top up with warm water. Once potatoes are cooked and sauce is reduced, taste the sauce.
Well that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken and pork adobo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!