Chicken and pork adobo. In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines. Almost all meat, seafood, and vegetables can be cooked using the inadobo method. Add soy sauce, vinegar, water, pepper corns, and bay leaves.
In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
Chicken and pork adobo is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chicken and pork adobo is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken and pork adobo using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and pork adobo:
- Take of chicken (legs or thighs), bone-in and skin-on.
- You need of boneless pork shoulder steak, cut into 1 in strips.
- Take of garlic (about 18 cloves) peeled and crushed.
- You need of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- Take of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
Continue to simmer until sauce reduces down to a syrupy consistency. Add the pork and chicken to the pan. Place the chicken and pork pieces in a non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade and ensure all the pieces are evenly coated.
Instructions to make Chicken and pork adobo:
- Throw all the ingredients into a medium pot. Add a 1/2 cup water and several grinds of freshly cracked pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes, mixing occasionally so all the meat has a chance to soak in the marinade..
- Put the pot on medium heat. Add enough water to almost submerge the meat. Cover and let simmer 1 hour until the pork is tender..
- Carefully remove the chicken and pork. Strain the sauce and skim the layer of oil floating on top. Put the pot on medium-high heat and return the sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce while you crisp the meat..
- Put a medium pan on high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and lay the chicken and pork pieces in. Let fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn over to crisp the other side. Serve with rice, with the sauce on the side..
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and pork and marinade along with enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot. Once cooked, add potatoes and carrots and cook until soft, if needed, top up with warm water. Once potatoes are cooked and sauce is reduced, taste the sauce.
Well that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken and pork adobo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!