Chicken Tandoori is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken Tandoori is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken tandoori using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tandoori:
- Prepare of chicken breast, or drumsticks or thighs, cleaned and skin removed.
- You need of For the tandoori marinade:.
- Make ready of yogurt, plain.
- You need of garam masala.
- Take of coriander powder.
- Take of chili powder.
- Make ready of juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare of grated ginger.
- Take of red food colouring.
- Get of For the garam massala mixture: (makes 0.5 cup).
- Get of ground cardamom, seeds.
- Take of cinnamon, stick, broken up.
- It’s of cumin, seeds.
- Get of whole cloves.
- It’s of black peppercorns.
- It’s of nutmeg, grated.
- Get of dried coriander, seeds.
- Get of Special equipment: an electric coffee/ spice grinder.
Instructions to make Chicken Tandoori:
- Use a knife to make deep cuts on the surface of the chicken pieces. Place in a deep dish and set aside..
- To prepare the garam masala: mix, then toast all ingredients in a pan for 10 mn, transfer to a coffee/spice grinder and grind them into a powder..
- For the tandoori marinade, combine well all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until smooth adding salt according to taste..
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and make sure that all the chicken pieces are well coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (the longer the better)..
- Transfer the chicken pieces an their marinade to a baking dish. Cook in the oven while turning them every once in a while and basting with the remaining marinade. Cook for around 20 mn or until both sides are done..
- Serve on a plate and squeeze some lemon juice over..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken tandoori recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!