Chicken Tikka is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Chicken Tikka is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken tikka using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tikka:
- Get of chicken breasts, skin and bones removed.
- You need of yogurt, plain.
- Take of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of lemon juice, fresh.
- You need of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Take of bunch of coriander, chopped.
- Get of garam masala.
- Make ready of black pepper.
- Make ready of cayenne.
- Take of vegetable oil.
- Take of salt to taste.
- Get of For the garam massala mixture: (makes 1/2 cup).
- Make ready of ground cardamom, seeds.
- Take of cinnamon stick, broken up.
- Make ready of cumin, seeds.
- You need of whole cloves.
- Prepare of black peppercorns.
- Get of nutmeg, grated.
- Prepare of dried coriander, seeds.
- Make ready of Special equipment: an electric coffee/ spice grinder.
Steps to make Chicken Tikka:
- To prepare the garam masala: mix, then toast all ingredients in a pan for 10 mn, transfer to a coffee/spice grinder and grind them into a powder..
- Put the yogurt in a deep bowl. Add in vegetable oil, cumin, coriander, ginger, garam masala, garlic, black pepper, cayenne, lemon juice and salt. Blend well until the mixture is smooth..
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and add to the yogurt mixture.Make sure all chicken pieces are well coated. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours..
- Before grilling, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature..
- Insert the skewers into chicken pieces and grill until the chicken is cooked from both sides. If you don’t have a grill you can also cook it in the oven on a wire rack for 15 to 20 mn..
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve..
Okay that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken tikka recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!