Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas).
Hi Mommoy are you starting to run out supply of snacks in your home?, it is me, Dave, Don’t worry, you can make your very own chicken in spicy tamarind sauce (ayam asam pedas), you recognize. The preference is not substandard to the exact same kick that’s generally sold in coffee shops when you are socializing.
In this recipe, we will go over exactly how to make a total Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas) with pointers to ensure that it feels delicious as well as soft when you eat it. This snack will be even more best when you take pleasure in while kicking back or eating with your household. Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken in spicy tamarind sauce (ayam asam pedas) using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas):
- Prepare of Chicken Meat (boneless, cut into pieces).
- Make ready of Salt (marinate).
- You need of Sambal Paste (blend well);.
- You need of Dried Chilli (deseed, rehydrated).
- Make ready of Shallots.
- Make ready of Garlic.
- You need of Ginger Root.
- Take of Galangal Root.
- It’s of Turmeric Root.
- Get of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Make ready of Lemongrass Stalk (white part).
- Prepare of Aromatics;.
- Prepare of Ginger Flower (slice in half).
- It’s of Lemongrass (bruised).
- You need of Vietnamese Mint (Daun Kesum).
- Make ready of Other Ingredients;.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
- Take of Sugar.
- Take of Water.
- You need of Okra.
- Get of Tomatoes (quartered).
- You need of Vietnamese Mint leaves (finely chopped, garnish).
Steps to make Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas):
- MARINATE; Salt the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- COOK THE PASTE; heat 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot, then add the Sambal Paste. Cook the Paste until the oil separates..
- TAMARIND; once the oil separates, add the Tamarind juice, Aromatics, Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a gentle boil and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally..
- CHICKEN; After 5 minutes, DISCARD the Aromatics, turn down the heat to a Simmer and then add in the Chicken. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally..
- VEGGIES; after 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and okra. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes. After that, remove the lid and season with Salt if necessary..
- OPTIONAL; the dish is basically done but if you want to thicken the gravy, simply continue to simmer without a lid for another 5-10 minutes. You might want to remove the Okra and set it aside but you can leave the tomatoes and chicken in..
- SERVE with cooked rice and garnish with Vietnamese Mint leaves..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken in spicy tamarind sauce (ayam asam pedas) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!