Oven Stew. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil in batches. Place the meat into to a large ovenproof casserole dish and add the celery, carrots, garlic, swede and parsnips.
Return the beef to the pan, then stir through the tomatoes and wine. Once the liquid has been absorbed, add the stock, bay leaves and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Start the stew on the stovetop in an oven-safe pot (a Dutch oven is ideal, but not required).
Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil in batches. Place the meat into to a large ovenproof casserole dish and add the celery, carrots, garlic, swede and parsnips.
Oven Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Oven Stew is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have oven stew using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Oven Stew:
- Prepare of round steak (cut in 1 inch pieces).
- Make ready of potatoes (cut in big chunks).
- Prepare of carrots (big pieces).
- Take of celery (big pieces).
- Make ready of onions (big pieces).
- You need of tomato soup (10 ounces).
- Make ready of water (use empty soup can).
- You need of sugar.
- You need of flour.
- Get of salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
Brown the meat, sauté the vegetables, and bring the liquid to a boil as you normally would for a stew recipe. Once everything is simmering away, cover the pot and move the stew to a preheated oven. Heat a glug of oil in a casserole (one with a lid) over a medium heat. Remove the beef from the pan.
step by step to make Oven Stew:
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Assemble meat and vegetables in a deep 9×13 casserole dish or a cast iron dutch oven in the order given and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Combine soup, water, sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk until smooth..
- Pour soup mixture over layered meat and vegetables. Cook covered at 250° for 5 hours.
This gluten and dairy free casserole is hearty and comforting, packed with chunky meat and veg. There's no nicer way to use up cheaper cuts of beef than in a warm, comforting stew. With dumplings, mash or even chips, there are loads of easy beef stew recipes to whet your appetite. Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. Remove from the oven, dot the potatoes with butter, scatter with the spring onions and serve scooped straight from the.
Finally that’s going to wrap it up with this special food oven stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!